Prince Ali is kind and fun-loving. Due to his royalty, he is expected to act regal and to be safe, which he finds difficult, considering that he greatly enjoys doing new and exciting things. He feels constrained by his schedule and his chaperone's watchful eye, as while he has a good heart and likes helping others, he wants to do things on his own terms, and he understands when risks and detours should be taken. Able to recognize authenticity in people, he doesn't like good actions coming from selfish reasons, but he appreciates real, genuine compassion.
- Prince Ali is named after Thomas Astruc's brother.
- Additionally, his name is a reference to one of the characters in Scheherazade's stories in One Thousand and One Nights.
- An image of Prince Ali was first shown as a glimpse for a future episode by Thomas on his Twitter, describing it as "straight from the 1001 nights." A couple months later, he posted a video of the last French recording session for the first season that includes Chloé mentioning Ali's name.
- He is similar to Adrien, as both of them are nice rich kids who would like to behave like other kids their age. Both are also suffocated by their busy schedule and lifestyles.
- In the French dub of "Princess Fragrance", Prince Ali's kingdom is named Kowar.