Fred Haprèle is an assistant educator at Collège Françoise Dupont, a mime performer, the leading actor in The Mime's Extraordinary Adventures, and Mylène's father.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Fred is kind and hardworking. When he is working as an assistant at school, he is serious and firm about keeping people without permission and who might hurt others out, including Rogercop in the episode of the same name and Nadja Chamack and her crew in "Darkblade", but when off duty, he is very genial to other people, and he is always showing love for his daughter. However, he tends to procrastinate, getting his hat fixed right before he needs to leave instead of having it done earlier, and he is often late.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Mime is one of the first known villains in the world of Ladybug, being one of the only three villains featured in the Ladybug PV, the other villains being Mr. Pigeon and Hawk Moth.
- The Mime has the same abilities as he did in the Ladybug PV, the only difference being that there are no shadows visible when he pantomimes.
- The Mime was such a great character in producers' eyes that when the unused concept of the Quantic Kids was being developed, they decided to replace team member Sparrow with Kid Mime, a superhero with powers like the Mime..
- For the Mime's objects, animators would create his objects, and then they would make them invisible.
- The Mime's design is a reference to French mime Marcel Marceau.
- Along with Horrificator, The Mime is the one of the two akumatized villains to not speak in Season 1.
- Coincidentally, they are both from the Haprèle family.
- The Mime reappears in the two-part special event "Heroes' Day".
- The Mime appears another time in "Gamer 2.0" for Gamer's powers.
- A statue of The Mime appears in the Musée Grévin in "The Puppeteer 2".