Max Kanté is a student in Miss Bustier's class at Collège Françoise Dupont.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Max is a gamer and a fan of technology. He is smart, especially when it comes to mathematics, as seen when he figures out how fast Kim needs to be to make it to Pont des Arts right before Chloé Bourgeois gets there in "Dark Cupid". He tends to be carried away with his knowledge, often over-explaining things with further detail than necessary and occasionally revealing something that was supposed to be a secret. Max is also friendly, helping his friends with knowledge and support. In "Gamer", when he loses his place in the competition for which he trained a whole year, he sportingly congratulates Marinette and Adrien before he quickly leaves the room. Once outside, he starts rambling to himself about how unfair his situation was, and it isn't until after his akumatization and Marinette offering up her spot to him in the competition that he perks up.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It's been implied that Max is of South African heritage from his last name, Kanté.
- In "The Bubbler" and "Lady Wifi", Max appears without glasses.
- Thomas Astruc noted the instance in the former episode as an animation mistake.
- In his first appearances in the Korean musical Ladybug, Max wears a different outfit, which includes a purple t-shirt with white lettering printed on the front underneath a green and black plaid hooded jacket.
- In later performances, Max's outfit is mostly identical to his show appearance, excluding his glasses and including a black hat.
- Gamer reappears in the two-part special event "Heroes' Day".
- In the French dub, his superhero name is "Pegase" which is French for Pegasus.
- Max's superhero superhero name stems from a mythical creature called Pegasus which is a winged horse from Greek Mythology.