Nooroo is a knowledgeable, helpful, and empathetic kwami. He shows a bit of his curious side in "Gorizilla" when Gabriel thought Adrien might be Cat Noir. Like Wayzz, Nooroo has a formal side, calling his holder Master instead of his real name.
Though he reluctantly succumbs to Gabriel's demands to help him get the Ladybug Miraculous and Cat Miraculous, Nooroo is distressed that he is helping someone use the Butterfly Miraculous for evil reasons. When Gabriel later learns that there are more kwamis and tells him that he wants to find them all, Nooroo is scared and concerned for his friends.
In addition to this, Nooroo is sometimes scared of Gabriel and is quite meek with him, such as in “Syren”, when Gabriel interrogated him on how to obtain more powers. In “Sandboy”, when he attempts to sneak away but is caught by Gabriel, he appears frightened and meekly tries to explain his motives.
- Nooroo's name is an African variant of the name Nuru meaning "born in daylight" or "light" referencing that butterflies are diurnal. His name also means "the time of night", referencing from his moth based appearance and that most moths are nocturnal.
- Both the butterfly and the moth symbolize change or personal evolution. This is likely in connection with his ability to corrupt and transform others into his henchmen.
- The swirl on Nooroo's head resembles the proboscis of a moth or butterfly.
- As of "Sandboy", Nooroo is the youngest of the kwamis.
- At present, Nooroo, along with Duusu, are the only known kwamis to have fallen into the hands of a villain.
- In Miraculous: Les Aventures de Ladybug et Chat Noir, Nooroo states that he grants the power of generosity.
- In "Hawk Moth and the Akumatized Villains", Marinette has plans for Nooroo once he is free using his powers for good once Hawk Moth is defeated.