Lieutenant Roger Raincomprix (also known as Agent Roger or, formerly, Officer Roger) is a policeman and Sabrina Raincomprix's father.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Roger is a very dedicated police officer, and he is firmly convinced that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. He disobeys André Bourgeois's orders to arrest Marinette without proof in "Rogercop", since that would be in violation of the law, resulting in him being temporarily fired. He is strict, as seen when he throws Xavier Ramier out of the Trocadéro in "Mr. Pigeon" because of his habit of feeding the pigeons. He is also prideful about the police's ability to handle situations, telling Ladybug that they don't need her help in "Copycat". He's known to be excessive when dealing with those who violate the law, as he piles tickets onto Adrien's bodyguard in both "Gigantitan" and "Gorizilla", as well as Anarka Couffaine in "Captain Hardrock", even for very minor offences. However, when he isn't focused on his duties, Roger is friendly, loving towards his daughter and nice to other people.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Rogercop's name is a reference to the titular character of the sci-fi movie RoboCop.
- In the Korean version, Roger's villain name is Robocop.
- Roger becomes Rogercop a second time, the Puppeteer turning him back by using a doll of his villain form in the episode of the same name.
- Rogercop reappears in the two-part special event "Heroes' Day".
- Rogercop appears another time in "Gamer 2.0" for Gamer's powers.
- A statue of Rogercop appears in the Musée Grévin in "The Puppeteer 2".
- As with most of the characters in the show, Roger's names is a wordplay in French. In this case, Roger Raincomprix sounds like Roh j'ai rien compris, meaning "Er, I didn't get it".