- Name: Spike the Dragon, the Guardian Dragon of Friendship and the Dragon Lord of Friendship and Wisdom
- Race: Drake; Harmony Dragon
- Destiny Mark: A letter inside a green flame.
- Age: 12
- Occupations: Twilight Sparkle's assistant, the Guardian Dragon of Friendship, the Dragon Lord of Friendship and Wisdom, royal advisor to the Royal Family, owner of the Dragon Magic Shop, member of the Mane Group
- Traits: Tomboyish, wise, caring, highly-intelligent, clever, helpful, well-organized, merciful, level-headed, sarcastic, calm, polite, compassionate, heroic, easily-stressed, creative, short-tempered, responsible, hard-to-fool, sensitive, understandable, friendly
- Pet: Peewee (pet phoenix)
The DreamWorks reboot version of Spike is much different from his original counterpart. This version of Spike does not gain wings like his G4 counterpart and remains as a land dragon. However, he has wings in his Harmony Dragon forms.
Unlike most of his incarnations, where he is mainly just a mascot to the Core Ponies, he is a full member of the Mane Group, with a teen-like voice and his own destiny mark and element.
Instead of being like his G4 counterpart, who is usually very playful, sarcastic and funny, this version of himself is actually born with super high intelligence, memory, and cleverness. He is one of the intelligent members of the Mane Group, along with Twilight, Sunset and Sugarcoat. However, Spike appears to be more smarter than Twilight, making him the smartest and wisest member of the group. He is well-organized as well. Plus, he can create magic instead of breathing fire.
Being more level-headed, he is one of the creatures who is annoyed with Pinkie Pie's cheerful and optimistic attitude, along with Twilight, Rarity, Indigo and Sunny. He is responsible, calm, polite, caring, merciful and creative. He can get stressed easily, and is very hard to fool. He is the one who can come up with great plans.
Being the eighth born child and youngest son of Emerald Stellar and Rose Quartz Flame, as well as the older twin brother of Sparks, he was born with his father's intelligence, wisdom and cleverness, and his mother's politeness, creativity and mercy.