Trixx is the kwami of Illusion who is connected to the Fox Miraculous. With his power, Trixx's wearer can use the necklace of the Fox Miraculous to transform into a fox-themed Miraculous holder. His occasional owner is Alya Césaire who sometimes uses the Fox Miraculous to transforms into the superheroine Rena Rouge to help Ladybug and Cat Noir protect and keep the citizens of Paris safe from danger as well as defeating akumatized villains.
Trixx is friendly, encouraging, wise, and a good judge of character, as he identifies his new wielder's best qualities very easily. He is honest when something impresses him, like Alya quickly figuring out he transforms her with the Fox Miraculous, but he is smart in giving good advice without being rude or blunt, as seen when Nino questions Alya about her decision in not telling him her secret.
Similiar to Tikki, Trixx is also very understanding of others' actions after the mission was over in "Sapotis", when he heard that Alya made a promise to return the Miraculous. He was willing to return to the necklace without any resistance and also understood Alya's burning desire to continue helping her new teammates by commenting that the three of them would make a good team.
- Trixx's name was revealed on October 7, 2016 during the Miraculous Ladybug panel at New York Comic-Con.
- The real Fox Miraculous holder (Rena Rouge), not Lila's akumatized form, "will be potentially a recurring character," as was revealed at the Miraculous Ladybug Anime Expo 2016 panel, which suggested that Trixx would also appear.
- His appearance was first revealed by Miraculous fan Kenya Danino on August 5, 2016. She revealed the design on a clock she made that showcased all seven known kwamis.
- It was later confirmed that the design she had shared was, in fact, the real appearance of the character.
- After Trixx's name was revealed, along with some concept art, at New York Comic Con 2016 Kenya posted a piece of concept art of him by Nathanaël Bronn.
- With Trixx being the kwami of illusions and having a fox-based appearance, he shares a resemblance to kitsunes from Japanese folklore which also the Japanese word for fox.
- Unlike all the other known kwamis, Trixx is not shown entering his Miraculous during his wielder's transformation. Instead a ball of light flashes when the Miraculous is activated.
- Trixx's name is based on the word "tricks" because in some folklore foxes are known for their cunning and trickery.
- Trixx in Brazilian version is refered a female.