The boy is a happy boy. He is very energetic. He can be easily scared when something scares him, like in Sandboy when he watched a scary movie on TV and had a nightmare (which caused him to get akumatized). He was also very excitable when Ladybug offered to take him home.
- His supervillain name is based off the Sandman, a mythical character in Western and Northern European folklore who puts people to sleep and brings good dreams by sprinkling magical sand onto people as they sleep.
- However, his powers operate parallel to the Sandman's, as he brings nightmares to life as opposed to creating dreams.
- He reports to seeing Hawk Moth while being akumatized, calling him a "weird man".
- As a result, he is aware that he is being akumatized, in a similar fashion to Caline Bustier in "Zombizou".
- So far in the series, he is the first villain to see a kwami while akumatized and know what it is.
- He is also the second character in the franchise to be akumatized who does not have a given name, with the first being the fisherman from Miraculous Adventures #2.
- Sandboy appears another time in "Gamer 2.0" for Gamer's powers.
- Sandboy has the distinction of being the only akumatized villain that has made more appearances than his civilian counterpart.